Provision Cisco 9740?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
I am very new to FusionPBX/FreeSwitch/Asterisk but have inherited an Asterisk 1.8.32.0 server that I want to change over to FusionPBX. I have a little test lab built with FusionPBX 4.2.4 up and running. I have a Cisco 7940 static IP'd but can't figure out what to enter into the provisioning details to get it to work. I've installed and verified TFTP. I can watch the phone ask for files and receive files (Had to hunt down CTLSEP{MAC}.TLV, SIPDefault.CNF and even created a SIP{MAC}.cnf file). I just can't figure out how to get the device tied to an extension.

Right now I have no dialplans in or out b/c I have no SIP trunk in my mini-network.

Server is 10.2.3.39, phone is 10.2.3.10.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.6 KB · Views: 29

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
I've completely torn down and rebuilt my lab network....I have provisioning enabled and I can see where it would auto-generate the needed SIP{MAC}.cnf files but no idea how to get the phone to actually find all this stuff. The phone has no web interface so I can't set it there....any input would be greatly appreciated...

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
To assign the device to an extension you go into the extension and select the device from the dropdown list:

device.jpg

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
so I do need to setup tftp independent of FusionPBX. Then I point fusionPBX at the tftp server ip in default settings, correct?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not familiar with how the fusionpbx writes out the tftp files but where ever it does, that's where you need the files and the tftp server. These phones are ancient, limited and not used very much nowadays.

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
when you have no budget and 75 of them, you use what you have........

Thanks for the tips, it is GREATLY appreciated!!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
They are good phones, without a doubt, I had a 7960 on my desk for the past five years, but with only tftp provisioning, no real NAT support, can only do UDP not TCP, they are really only good for the LAN hence why not many are familiar with them.

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Here are some details but I am not sure whether provisioning generated the files or I manually created them. This was done a couple of years ago. Fusion is an older version as well (4.0)

upload_2018-2-14_14-34-16.png

upload_2018-2-14_14-34-42.png

upload_2018-2-14_14-35-5.png

Also make sure the SIP password is a simple one (just numbers and letters) with less than 15 characters.

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
yes, I put the OS79xx.tct filr and the p0* files in the directory. I was half expecting Fusion to build the cnf files, dialplan and sipdefault files. If that is not the case, I can pull them from my production Asterisk system. What about the snom file?

when I boot up a phone I get the info inthe screen cap in in.tftpd messages in the log.

I feel like I'm almost there, it's just one check box I haven;t found yet to get things going.....

The SIP cnf files I have inherited are fairly sparse from a content perspective:
"
# SIP Configuration Generic File

image_version: P0S3-08-11-00

#services_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/testing.php" ; URL for external Phone Services
#directory_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/testing.php" ; URL for external Directory location
#logo_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/logo.bmp" ; URL for branding logo to be used on phone display
messages_uri: "8500"

#services_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/dir.php" ; URL for external Phone Services
#directory_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/dir.php"" ; URL for external Directory location
#logo_url: "http://10.6.3.240/pbx/logo.bmp" ; URL for branding logo to be used on phone display
#messages_uri: "8500"

# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: "user1"

line1_shortname:"0093"

# Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_authname: "user1"

# Line 1 Registration Password
line1_password: ""

####### New Parameters added in Release 2.0 #######

# All user_parameters have been removed

# Phone Label (Text desired to be displayed in upper right corner)
phone_label: "User1" ; Has no effect on SIP messaging

# Line 1 Display Name (Display name to use for SIP messaging)
line1_displayname: "User1"

####### New Parameters added in Release 3.0 ######

# Phone Prompt (The prompt that will be displayed on console and telnet)
phone_prompt: "User1" ; Limited to 15 characters (Default - SIP Phone)

# Phone Password (Password to be used for console or telnet login)
phone_password: "admin" ; Limited to 31 characters (Default - cisco)

# User classifcation used when Registering [ none(default), phone, ip ]
user_info: none
"

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 12

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
I am using the standard tftp server that comes with Centos 7. "yum install tftp xinetd tftp-server*"

I found out that FPBX will not put the cfg files in the directory automatically, you have to download them and put them there manually.

So the process is, for those that follow....
Create a device with the MAC of the phone
Create an extension and tie it to the MAC
Go back to the device and at the top right, click files and then download everything. Then transfer everything that you downloaded to the tftp root you defined. You may need to rename the SIP{MAC}.cnf file to remove dashes and make any letter uppercase as that is what the phones generally are looking for. Also, find and put in the root of your tftp server the Cisco firmware files, P0S3-* in my case.
Make sure your DHCP is pushing out the IP of your tftp server and reboot the phone. It should pull, dialplan.xml, sipdefault.cnf, SIP{MAC}.cnf, and ringlist.dat. It's going to look for CTLSEP{MAC}.tvl and SEP{MAC}.cfg.xml but it doesn't need them.

I have not defined any dialing plans or gateways yet so I can't say definitively that this will do it, but at least my phones are getting provisioned and appear to be working.

Soleo InfoServ

Feb 6, 2018
yes, I checked the permissions and they are fine. I ended up getting support directly from FBPX and this was their solution. They explained it would not put them in the directory directly and it was a manual process, which I'm OK with as I only have 50 or so people on the system. Also, the files generated have dashes and lower case letters in the file names and the phones are looking for no dashes and upper case letters so I will still need to manually manipulate them for the phones to utilize them.

Feb 21, 2017
you just have to configure your tftp and the root folder in my case use tftpd-hpa
cat /etc/default/tftpd-hpa
# /etc/default/tftpd-hpa

TFTP_USERNAME="www-data"
TFTP_DIRECTORY="/srv/tftp"
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure -c -v"
Avanced - default setting -privision

1615302563717.png
1615302693829.png

reloadxml

with this the files are loaded automatically in the root folder of the tftp

Now I would like someone to help me with the directory.xml that generates the configuration so that Cisco phones can navigate through it
I can retrieve the directory on the web with the url https://10.10.0.20/app/provision/index.php?mac=0015c6b73a4f&file=directory.xml
but not with phones, someone has achieved this?

Feb 21, 2017
put the file directory.xml in apache server and in the 7941 phone template put in <directoriesURL> http://10.10.0.15/directory.xml </directoriesURL>
When pressing the directory key on the phone, it tells me HTTP File Error and the apache lod I see
10.10.1.40 - - [Mar / 09/2021: 18: 01: 25 +0000] "GET /directory.xml?locale=English│Mar 9 13:29:43 pbx in.tftpd [14868]: RRQ from 10.10. 1.40 filename SEP0015C6B73_United_States & name = SEP0015C6B73A4F HTTP / 1.1 "200 18263" - "" Allegro-Software-│A4F.cnf.xml
WebClient / 4.34 ", Can you help me get the phone to bring the directory attached to the XML file

Attachments

• directories.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.