SOLVED Need to remove Privacy header

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
Dialplan didn't work, and the Lua script didn't work even right before the call to the extension. It gets set when the INVITE is sent to the extension. It's not present anywhere before, so I can't actually override it anywhere. At this point, the only solution is to figure out why Freeswitch adds it to the INVITE and only on leg B.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
I think that the B leg will include privacy: none if you have not explicitly set that in the A leg. When you set the privacy settings like `sip_h_Privacy=id` in the dialplan, did you try inline=true? When I am stuck I throw everything you can to try to force the settings. The unset, set, export, inline = true. Then hopefully something works. If it does, slowly disabled items until you get it. Make sure to sip cache flush after each change.

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I think that the B leg will include privacy: none if you have not explicitly set that in the A leg. When you set the privacy settings like `sip_h_Privacy=id` in the dialplan, did you try inline=true? When I am stuck I throw everything you can to try to force the settings. The unset, set, export, inline = true. Then hopefully something works. If it does, slowly disabled items until you get it. Make sure to sip cache flush after each change.
Believe it or not, I've tried doing the same things. The closest I've come is setting it to "Privacy: id" instead of "Privacy: none," but I haven't been able to remove it entirely.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
o_O

The unset, as suggested early, is the method that I would expect to work.

o_O

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
there is no dialplan later. Freeswitch executes a bridge to the extension and sends it an INVITE, at which point the doorbell refuses the call.

• Sad
Reactions: whut

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
A couple of further ideas:
I know you have tried un-setting the privacy headers, but the order may be important. Try
Code:
  <action application="set" data="sip_cid_type=none"/>
  <action application="unset" data="sip_h_Privacy"/>

Another thing that may be worth trying is the mod_dptools application privacy.
Code:
  <action application="privacy" data="no"/>

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
@Adrian Fretwell You nailed it! The order was very important. I tried those commands before and they must've been in a different order. But this finally unset the header and I'm able to call the door bell!!!!
Code:
  <action application="set" data="sip_cid_type=none"/>
  <action application="unset" data="sip_h_Privacy"/>

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell