Max Concurrent Calls Allowed

hill37588

Sep 3, 2024
Does anyone know the maximum concurrent external calls allowed by FusionPBX?

Will it use UDP Ports 1024-65000 with two RTP ports per call?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
By default it uses UDP 16384 to 32768. That's the way you should leave it. The server would die long before you eve filled those.

What will usually kill your server, long before max concurrent calls is CPS, calls per second.

Just scale out as you need to.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Not a clue, the reality is though that hardware is very much a thing. The most I have had on a single box is 3000 concurrent calls.

I had 750 using a cluster of three arm cubieboards probably 10 years ago.

In the real world, none of these stats are meaningful. You can have one single client that consumes the resources of 20 depending upon what they are using on the pbx.

hill37588

Sep 3, 2024
Does each call use two RTP ports and the max would be based on the port availability?

What is the best s/w to test max concurrent calls? I know it exists, but I don't know what it is called.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The limit of how much it can scale depends very much on the skill of the person configuring the system. There is no exact hard limit but there is a soft one that you have to udpate in freeswitch's switch.conf.xml file. There if you look you will see an arbitrary limit. You can increase the number there.

For example you could have multiple SIP profiles and use multiple IP addresses.

How much you can scale FreeSWITCH depends what you know about it. What you known about the operating system and the design of your network equipment. One person will hit a limit that another person can surpass.

Reactions: falk and voipBull