SOLVED Distinctive Ring & Fanvil Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

edschofield

Jul 7, 2023
Hi.

I'm in the process of migrating us over to FusionPBX and run into a little hiccup regarding distinctive ring and the provisioning for our Fanvil handsets.

We've configured Distinctive Ring on the inbound destination.
1689252999724.png

This is then set in the config file for our phones.

1689253155751.png

When making in inbound call and monitoring SNGREP, I can see that the alert info is applied, however it's enclosed in < & >.
1689253255672.png
Our phones will then ignore this as it doesn't match it's configuration.

If I log onto one of the phones and manually enclose the tag in < and >, then make an inbound call the distinctive ring will work and use the correct ringer.
1689253401388.png

However I'm unable to do this in the config file as below, as having the < and > will make the config file invalid. The phone will only apply it as far as this line then stop.
1689253491211.png

Does anyone know how I can either stop the symbols being included in the string passed to the phone, or know of a way that I can include them in the config file? I've tried enclosing them in both single and double quote marks, but that doesn't seem to have helped.
Feels like I'm missing something quite obvious here, so any help would be appreciated.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Seems odd behavior.

I would try escaping the <> characters in the XML as the first try.

Original character Escaped character
" = &quot;
' = &apos;
< =&lt;
>= &gt;
&= &amp;

edschofield

Jul 7, 2023
You mist have been thinking along the lines of me. I've managed to get this working by escaping the characters and using the following in the config file.

XML:
<Alert_Info_Ring_Entry>
<ID>Alert1</ID>
<Text>&#60;External&#62;</Text>
<Ring_Type>1</Ring_Type>
</Alert_Info_Ring_Entry>

When logged onto the phones webui after provisioning, it shows correctly as <External>. Working fine with this. But yes, weird behaviour.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Yay!

Attachments

• party-face-emoji-emoticon-with-hat-blowing-party-horn-png.png
    party-face-emoji-emoticon-with-hat-blowing-party-horn-png.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 0

whut

Dec 23, 2022
My next thought is to add default settings variable for this if it does not already exist. Then you can easily control by global, domain, device levels, and by dialplan

Status
Not open for further replies.