Upgrade to 5.3.3

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
1726738108614.png
trying to upgrade to 5.3.3. Went to Advanced->Upgrade and select Source Code and I see this
1726738313545.png
No ides where to go now. Any ideas?

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
Should also add that the dashboard is empty.
If I go to app/destinations/destinations.php I see
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "<<", expecting end of file in /var/www/fusionpbx/app/voicemails/app_languages.php on line 2648
Going to /app/system/system.php gives
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "<<" in /var/www/fusionpbx/core/software/resources/classes/software.php on line 15
/app/active_extensions/active_extensions.php shows
File not found.
and all I did was run the upgrade from Advanced->Upgrade!
The system seems to be working and calls are being made. Not had any calls or emails from customers but the server seems to be completely screwed.
I have a snapshot from yesterday so I'll go back to that tonight and reflect on what I do next.

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
have you tried opening these files and looking at where there are double brackets?

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
No, because this is a fundamental issue. I upgraded to 5.3.2 following the documentation. If the subsequent upgrade doesn't work that points to something other than a syntax error. I'm assuming this would have been caught during testing before release.
But I may be wrong

Last edited:

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I'm seeing a lot of posts about things not working in 5.3. I would hold off until all bugs are cleared.

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
I'm wondering if, considering my experience, if fusionpbx is a viable commercial proposition

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I maintain a custom fork of FusionPBX, currently based on version 5.1, which includes numerous bug fixes I have personally identified and resolved. While submitting pull requests can be challenging at times, I actively contribute, along with many others in the community. FusionPBX is an exceptional platform that I've relied on for many years in my VoIP business, and it has consistently met my needs. Additionally, we developed the FS PBX dashboard to enhance its user-friendliness, making it more accessible for both administrators and end users. It really makes us stand out against competition.

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
And I've used fusionpbx for years and this is the only upgrade issue I've come across. I didn't make that observation lightly

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I typically install updates once a year because it usually takes me about a month to resolve any issues that arise. You're fortunate that this is the first time you've encountered a problem, but it’s a reminder of how careful we need to be when approaching updates. I really appreciate all the work that goes into development, and I’m always grateful for the improvements. It just takes me some extra time to ensure everything runs smoothly on my end.

I'm sure if you call FusionPBX support, they can help you resolve the issues quickly.

axsip

Oct 24, 2018
Eastern US
That's probably a file ownership issue. That's the error I've gotten when the files are not owned by the same user as the web server process.