Transfer a call and then call back the transferring extension if destination no answer

l.disco

Sep 24, 2024
Hello everyone,
I tryed to find the solution around the internet but I didn't find anything exhaustive.
The scenario is the following:
Extension A handle an external call, Extension A blind transfer the call to Extension B, Extension B does not answer after timeout (or because it's busy), than need the external call to go back to Extension A.

For customer needs I can't use call parking, and I can't even set up follow me, they don't want the call to go back to the queue but they want it to the single extension that handled the original call.

There is a way to do this in FusionPBX?

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
If there is, I'd like to know that as well. Maybe with some custom LUA script; however, I don't think it's available right out of the box. I'm pretty sure blind transfers are blind for a reason. The original caller loses the call.

If you want to be really creative, you can try transferring to a ring group that will have two destinations: the extension you are transferring to and yourself after the delay. This will create an illusion that if the first destination isn't answering, it will go back to you.