Switching calls between softphone to deskphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hi

This may sound like a stupid question.....

We have some clients that use Microsip as a softphone but also have a desk/dect phone with the same Ext number, is it possible to switch a call between these. i.e. if they answer on the deskphone can you move the call to the softphone?

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
Look into mobile-twining. You can find it on FsuonPBX Github. I'm not sure if it's still maintained. But it was developed for this reason

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
A slightly backwards way would be to park the call and then pick it up somewhere else.

Blind transfer the call to *5950 and then pick up the call on another phone by dialing *5950.
Good Luck.

Reactions: vuthy09

francois

Oct 3, 2019
You can do blind transfer to your own extension. The switch will take the call and ring all phone including your MicrosSip and your DeskPhone.

francois

Oct 3, 2019
Transferring to yourself is not a guarantee. You could end up sending the call to your voicemail.
Sure but not if your phones/softphones are SIP Registered and if you answer the call before the no answer timeout. Normally you transfer only if you are close to the device you like to take the call from. I do not see why transfer to your own phone will end up in your voicemail unless you fall in sleep just after the blind transfer ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.