Ringback not working on outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaindooley

Aug 16, 2024
UPDATE: Finally figured this out, so I figure it's good to post here in case anyone else has the same issue BUT if someone has a better solution please let me know! The solution I ended up with is adding bridge_early_media=true followed by ring_ready into the outbound routes dialplan after the destination_number instruction.

The only downside of this method is that, if the phone is *switched off* and does not have voicemail enabled, meaning that you would normally hear "This phone is currently switched off, please try again later", it rings for a bit and then says no answer. Everything else works: if the user is busy, declines the call, or is switch off with diversion to voicemail then it behaves normally.

For now this is an acceptable trade-off but if anyone has any info about a better "early media" strategy that copes with the other party sometimes failing to send it properly I'd love to know!
------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I saw this post with a similar issue:

The solution was to include "instant_ringback=true" and "ringback=$${type}" in the Outbound route.

I added those using action set to the relevant outbound route but I still can't hear any ringback on outbound calls.

UPDATE: this only appears to be a problem with dialling some numbers. I tested with Telstra and Vodafone (in Australia) and both had a ringing tone while calling, but to Optus I could only hear silence until the other party answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.