Ring group with single mobile number not working (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Today we discovered that one of the domains had an issue where the time conditions alternative number would not work. It is supposed to go to a ring group which has a single mobile number in it.

We would get Temporarily unavailable when its called. Created another ring group and even when we call that ring group directly from another Ext it does the same. Does not appear in active calls but shows as failed in the CDRs. If I do this on a different domain it works fine.

The domain that has the issue has no special setting for it. Was working fine until today. Ive restarted FS and updated fusion and reloaded the Schema and data types (don't know if that's correct), but still getting the issue.

If we set a call forward on an ext that works but not if we set a call forward on the ring group that gives us a BAD REQUEST.

Where should I check first Ive tried deleting the ring group and re-adding them. I might add that ring groups that go to Ext numbers work fine.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi, this is just a guess...
Try setting sip_invite_domain in your outbound route. Set it to whatever you have your "from domain" set to in the gateway record.
Screenshot from 2024-07-18 10-00-42.png

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
OK, it may need the name or IP of the Proxy in your case. The best way to check is to run sngrep and make a call out on that gateway that you know works ok. Then you will see what is being used as the invite domain for a successful call.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
OK, it may need the name or IP of the Proxy in your case. The best way to check is to run sngrep and make a call out on that gateway that you know works ok. Then you will see what is being used as the invite domain for a successful call.
All normal calls going out work fine its just when I add a ring group with a single mobile number. All other domains on the same PBX are fine as well and set the same way SNG REP gives me this

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
What am I looking at? Are these successful calls? They don't look like it. Is this between your PBX and provider?

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
What am I looking at? Are these successful calls? They don't look like it. Is this between your PBX and provider?
This is what I get if I call the Ring group number 4010 from ext 300 directly If I do this on any other domain on the PBX it works fine just this one domain.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
So if I read your sngrep correctly, your PBX makes no attempt to send an INVITE to your provider for the external number in the ring group, yet your application logs show a bridge to a mobile number via your gateway.

I'm wondering if your sngrep is missing some information, especially as I can't see what the ACK is referring to - I assume it is a proxy authentication required message, but if so it's not showing up in the sngrep.

I'm sure there will be a simple and logical explanation as to what is going, but difficult to diagnose without seeing the full story.

You should delete your posts above that contain references to your domain and IP addresses, email be directly or PM me if you wish.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
So if I read your sngrep correctly, your PBX makes no attempt to send an INVITE to your provider for the external number in the ring group, yet your application logs show a bridge to a mobile number via your gateway.

I'm wondering if your sngrep is missing some information, especially as I can't see what the ACK is referring to - I assume it is a proxy authentication required message, but if so it's not showing up in the sngrep.

I'm sure there will be a simple and logical explanation as to what is going, but difficult to diagnose without seeing the full story.

You should delete your posts above that contain references to your domain and IP addresses, email be directly or PM me if you wish.
Ill PM you Adrian if that ok Ill delet the images above

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
This has now been fixed it was a config error Caller number and Caller name had been entered the wrong way around on the Ext, Could not see the wood for the trees. Thanks to Adrian for helping out with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.