Ring group issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Todays issue is if a destination rings the ext directly it rings.

If that same destination is set to ring a ring group and ONE of those ext's in the ring group are offline, then none of the exts ring.

Any ideas?

Call logs look normal

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It will be fixable, and remember, this could always be related to that meta all thing. It could also be a NAT issue, I can have a look if you like?

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I appreciate your efforts, Diaz. But I have spent way too much time on my transitional project from Freepbx to Fusionpbx. I just don't have issues with Freepbx. I have re-installed the server multiple times, get it going then there is a cisco issue. Then I fix that then there is this issue. Then the cisco issue returns for no reason.

Fusionpbx should work more trouble free than it does. Even Mcrane threw his hands up and gave up tody even admitting there was a bug but it should be fixed.

I am moving back to Freepbx and abandoning this project for now. 3 weeks :(

I built a new server so this was separate from the meta issue

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have Cisco's and no problems, in fact I have one client with 65 Ciscos but if you have to go back, you have to go back.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Ok, so I decided after a frustrating transition and a beer I would give Fusion another shot.

So I deployed a new 2 core 4GB Ram, VPS on Vultr

I installed Centos 7, then Fusionpbx

I then set up my gateways, routes, ext's etc.

I then registered Cisco SPA 525 G2 to ext 1004 and another 525G2 to ext 1005

Then I changed the RTP packe to .020

Then I changed Handle Received according to Daz to YES and YES

Then I created a ring group # 601 to ring ext 1004 and 1005

Now, I went to test . . .

It worked - both ext ring when the ring group is called

However, If I unplug (disconnect) one of the 525 G2 from the network, then it breaks. If you call the ring group the other ext doesn't ring. It rings on he callers side but not on the device itself. Just ends up going to vm after about 8 or 9 rings. If I plug the disconnected 525g2 back in then they both ring again.

So new issue related to above. I fired up an HTEK UC926 and found that it work fine. Now I have the HTEK and the CISCO both plugged in and the ring group ONLY rings the HTEK. I see in the call logs that it shows it is ringing both, but only the HTEK rings.

If I reboot the cisco it will work for about 5 or 10 minutes then it won't receive incoming calls. It can still make outgoing calls, just not incoming

Any ideas?

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think this is nat but busy right now, I'll be back in a bit....

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Have you got the transport on the phones set to TCP? You should do.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I just changed to TCP and will let you know how that works in a moment. I have always used UDP. Why would you go to TCP. Is TCP a freeswitch thing and UDP a freepbx thing?

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Many many problems vanished like Houdini as soon as I changed all the transport protocols to TCP. I read a lot of docs before trying freeswitch and no where did I see to change from UDP to TCP. So far so good . . . Thanks Daz

That may have been the issue with SLA as well. . . I will have to test it

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Asterisk never supported TCP until later versions, Freeswitch has always supported it, NAT works differently too and is better for NAT for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.