Replicating the switch database between two nodes

mdoupe

Mar 21, 2023
Hi all,

I've followed the member guide "Logical Replication - Multi-Master" the FusionPBX database to replicate the FusionPBX database between two hosts, but now I am trying to do the same for the switch database and am running into trouble. Is there any documentation on how to go about this, or a more manual version of the Logical Replication documentation that includes the steps that are normally automated?

Thanks!

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The FreeSWITCH data is temporary if the replication gets behind by 5 minutes the data is useless. Replication takes more resources so what do you get for the ability to see registrations from two or more servers? There isn't a lot of benefit to this.

If you want to keep the call alive you have to use SIP with UDP but then you have to use UDP and can't use TCP or TLS. If the server goes down with TCP or TLS the protocol notices and ends the connection and the call.

Last edited:

mdoupe

Mar 21, 2023
Got it, thanks! I thought the switch data was more permanent.

Somewhat related, If I make a change on the current active FusionPBX server, like an extension change, how long does that change take to apply in the switch on the backup server? Is Fusion constantly monitoring for database changes?

Thanks very much!