Remote freeswitch server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimebag

Jun 17, 2018
Hi all ,
Thank you for a great software .
We are thinking of providing hosted pbx solutions and was evaluating different approachs.
One of them is using fusionpbx along with freeswitch multi tenant support but we want to have single fusion pbx gui with multiple freeswitch deployment .
I wanted to know does fusionpbx supports applying configurations on remote freeswitches ?
If not what is the best way you recommend for doing so ?
Regards

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I don't think that's possible to be honest, and even if it was would be problematic as each fusionpbx instance is already multi tenant. I would just spin up multiple nodes and use domains as your way in, for example we have a cloud setup using fusion, each tenant has their own sub-domain and we have a main admin domain for each server. However if you set each tenant to have their own admin it also cuts down errors of engineers working on the wrong users instance. Plus you don't have one single point of failure.

dimebag

Jun 17, 2018
Thank you Incubugs ,
So you recommend we bring up several machines each with its own fusionpbx and freeswitch and separate them using domains?
This sounds much less complicated solution too .
For further requirements i guess we can extend fusionpbx rest APIs so our customer can make their changes through our customer portal though it would complicate the scenario .
Iam asking this because how we may offer our customers the UI for configuration management of their own services ?
Regards

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
We offer admin access to a site admin if they want it, most like the idea but usually never use it and ask us to make changes for them. I am of the opinion that keeping it simple is better than over complicated setups to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.