Push Notification Softphone Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
We want the ability to either find a free push notification softphone or a reasonably priced paid for service we can charge, we have found a distributor we can use for a paid for service using Bria Enterprise, this works well but at £2+ per month this isnt going to be cost effective in the long term. We have been recommending groundwire but the issue is the client has to buy the app through the app store which they don't like if its a personal phone when its for business purposes. Zoiper lite doesnt have push notification so we don't want to offer this anymore, you can upgrade to push but its an annual charge.

Is there a softphone solution that is more cost effective than bria or free with push notification? Ideally we want the ability to bill it to the client and not have a situation whereby they have to purchase it from the APP store.

alan

Feb 26, 2023
We are also looking for a free push notification mobile softphone. If someone helps I will be grateful:) . Currently, I am using Bria and facing some problems with that softphone.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
We use groundwire by Acrobits. 1 off cost for the app per device which I think is £9.99 on the App store

Reactions: mobi

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Doesn't seem to work - assume it only works for ringotel customers/domains only
I have been using Ringotel for couple of years now.
Since I have been using it, it has never missed a beat and I have not looked back.

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
No, Using fusion PBX
Paying ringotel $2 a month for mobile phone app with push notifications

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
We use Ringotel as well. Ringotel has a very good provisioning system that allows users to more or less self provision. They also offer a number of integrations with a lot of major CRM and SMS providers. To do this though they act as a proxy between the softphone and your Fusion PBX. You still create the extensions and call flow but the soft phones don't directly register to your Fusion PBX box. Overall we've had very good results, certainly better than conuterpath which was our last provider.

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
Another upvote for ringotel. Works really well with fusionpbx and customers love it

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I have used Ringotel for two years now. There are some issues sometimes, but they seem to fix them if you open a ticket. I've implemented SMS via integrations and API. Both have cons and pros. The price is cost-efficient, but if I find a true WebRTC replacement, I might go with it. Otherwise we are mostly happy with it

Status
Not open for further replies.