Problem with multi-tennant auth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonid

Jul 10, 2017
Hello
I'm trying to use few domains on my fusionPBX system, but got this errors on auth tries:
[WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1787 SIP auth challenge (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for [XXX@XXX] from ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

What i need to do to make it work?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Being as you have XXX everything, we can see absolutely nothing at all to even suggest. \\\\eg, sre you trying to register to a domain name or IP??

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
So have you ceated the additional domain and then created the extensions within that domain?? Also, are you using the domain name as the sip server?

Leonid

Jul 10, 2017
yes, i created domain, extension and no, i doesn't use domain name as server name, setted "sip proxy" in softphone to my server ip.

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
What SIP client/ ip phone are you using? While most configure up the same way, I've seen some phones that like things a different way.

Try with the domain name as the server name and as you've done, set the outbound/sip proxy to your server IP.

For example, using the Zoiper SIP client, we use the following as our basic config:

Domain: [your multi-tenant domain name]
Username: [extension]
Password: [password]
Use Outbound Proxy: [ticked]
Outbound Proxy: [your server IP address]

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
yes, i created domain, extension and no, i doesn't use domain name as server name, setted "sip proxy" in softphone to my server ip.

You need to set the sip proxy in softphone to the domain, this is what is used for auth, so if you have sip proxy IP in it tries to auth with say 100@ipaddress rather than 100@domain and this is the cause of your problem.

If you do not have the ability to use local dns, depending on your softphone, you can use the ip in 'outbound proxy' if you have that setting, then you will have to pass the domain in your auth id somehow.

Pretty much exactly as how @simcard has described.

Leonid

Jul 10, 2017
actually error looks like this:
[WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1787 SIP auth challenge (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for [user@mydomain] from ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
so my softphone sends right info to fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.