Multiple VM Greetings

b3nste1n

May 7, 2024
(Fusion newbie)
I have an IVR Menu where multiple options end up in same voicemail box but I want the caller to hear a different greetings based on the option pressed (in FreePBX I did it with announcements) is this doable in the Fusion GUI?

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
it will take a little workaround, but it is doable.

What I do is send the call to a ring group, and the ring group has the recording. You can technically do this with an IVR as well.
From the IVR or Ring Group, you would send the call to the VM. Just make sure that the greeting on the VM box is set to none.

Good Luck

Reactions: pbxgeek

b3nste1n

May 7, 2024
I set it up by duplicating the voicemail dialplan and adding another capture group in the regex which then sets the variable voicemail_greeting_number=$2
for example the regex for ext 101 with multiple greetings would be ^\*99(101)(\d)$
then i created a local destination *991011 and i set the IVR to go to that destination

Reactions: hamagid and pbxgeek

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
And how to have no greetings at all at voicemail (handling audio on ring group or IVR),
Because I upload a 1s empty audio as greeting, but it adds the "please leave your message after the tone..." and then beep. And I want to have just the beep, not that message before.
Thanks!

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
There is a setting for that in the newest versions of FusinPBX. It's called voicemail instructions.