Max allowed sessions

krishan

Jun 15, 2021
Hello team, I have fusion PBX 5.0.10 installed on digital ocean cloud and I just recently noticed that it’s not allowing more than 20 sessions at a time because of that when the session limit reached to 20, we are not able to make or receive calls is there a way to increase number of allowed sessions ? , I already increase the max sessions in config.xml and it’s also showing under SIP profile status, my ISP is providing 30 trunks right now but I’m only able to use 10 right now, once sessions reached 20 phone says service not available on phones, and incoming calls ring busy. Can someone please guide us how to increase session limit

Last edited:

krishan

Jun 15, 2021
Ring groups are even making it worse, if there are 5 members in ring group it use 6 sessions while ringing

Srikanth

May 20, 2024
Hello team, I have fusion PBX 5.0.10 installed on digital ocean cloud and I just recently noticed that it’s not allowing more than 20 sessions at a time because of that when the session limit reached to 20, we are not able to make or receive calls is there a way to increase number of allowed sessions ? , I already increase the max sessions in config.xml and it’s also showing under SIP profile status, my ISP is providing 30 trunks right now but I’m only able to use 10 right now, once sessions reached 20 phone says service not available on phones, and incoming calls ring busy. Can someone please guide us how to increase session limit
Hi Krishan, please share the dashboard screen shot of fusionpbx where it shows CPU utilisation etc. Also share the logs.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
When you say "I already increase the max sessions in config.xml" did you mean /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml?

Below is the relevant section of the FreeSWITCH switch.conf.xml as setup by default in DjangoPBX:

Code:
        <!--
        Max number of sessions to allow at any given time.

NOTICE: If you're driving 28 T1's in a single box you should set this to 644*2 or 1288
        this will ensure you're able to use the entire DS3 without a problem.  Otherwise you'll
        be 144 channels short of always filling that DS3 up which can translate into waste.
        -->
        <param name="max-sessions" value="1000"/>
        <!--Most channels to create per second -->
        <param name="sessions-per-second" value="30"/>
        <!-- Default Global Log Level - value is one of debug,info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert -->
        <param name="loglevel" value="err"/>

krishan

Jun 15, 2021
Thank you very much Adrian for your time, my config.xml file is also same /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xm,
I found the problem is not with session limit problem is with route failover, I have 2 Gateway in PBX, i receive most calls with gateway 1, was also using same gateway for outbound calls.

Can i create a outbound route which can route the outbound calls to gateway 2 if 5 channels on gateway 1 are in use

i tried to do this but not 100 % successful, it goes to second gateway but once first gateway used all channels, i want this to go to 2nd gateway earlier so we can save few channels for incoming calls
please see screenshot of current outbound route

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-01 153023.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-01 153023.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 9

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
You can set up your outbound route to failover over to multiple gateways. If the gateway returns a fail it can failover to the next gateway.

If you were trying to do this in freeswitch you would likely need to use the limit application to count the calls and move the next call to a different gateway.