SOLVED Limit the number of simultaneous calls per domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
Hi,
There are many posts that offer partial solutions or simply a discussion to limit the number of channels per domain, but it seems that none have a 100% functional solution.
Does anyone have a working solution to limit the number of incoming and outgoing channels per domain?

I succeeded with inbounds but if in a call queue (call center), it does not seem to be counted as active.

So, if anyone has a definitive solution, I would be interested.

thank you

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Have a look at https://developer.signalwire.com/freeswitch/FreeSWITCH-Explained/Modules/mod-dptools/3375201/

When you say "limit the number of incoming and outgoing channels per domain", I assume you mean inbound and outbound calls via gateways not simply channels connecting two extensions.

If you wanted to limit both inbound and outbound calls, you could put a limit action in both the inbound and outbound routes, something like:
Screenshot from 2024-06-29 13-15-02.png
This will return busy for and call attempt if there are already two calls going on.

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
Yes exactly. I have several domains, and I would like to be able to limit the number of simultaneous calls for a domain. the Gateway is shared by all domains so I cannot limit it from the gateway.
I would like to be able to set a limit of 4 calls whether inbound or outbound, not necessarily 4 inbounds and 4 outbounds. could be 3 inbounds and 1 outbounds.

I tried this one in the dial plan call-limit:
1719670359860.png

also this one :
1719670325774.png

I found a lot of things but nothing perfect
I will try yours but for a domain that has several inbound routes it will not work.

thank you for your reply

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Your fist one should work but you will need to set the "inline" flag on the set action otherwise the max_calls variable will not be available for the limit action. You may also want to use a more simple name for the realm without the (, |, and) characters.

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
should I do it on 2 separate lines with the same Order

action limit hash (inbound) ${domain_uuid} ${max_calls} !USER_BUSY
action limit hash (outbound) ${domain_uuid} ${max_calls} !USER_BUSY

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
Hey, looks like it's working, thanks a lot, I'll do more testing next week, we'll have more people in the office so it will be easier to do more simultaneous calls and scenarios.
Maybe one more thing, I hope you can help me, when an incoming call reaches the limit, I receive (you have entered an invalid destination number), instead of a busy tone. Do you have any idea why it's like that?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
It will largely depend on:
A. What else you have set in the inbound route/dialplan.
or
B. What the calling system is programmed to do with a USER_BUSY response.

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
nothing special, no custom config, only destination to time condition or IVR.

where can i find the programmation of USER_BUSY, never touch this

version 5.2.1 if change something

vermiboy

Jan 18, 2021
Oki thx a lot i found the issue. Trunk provider side. This is the message I've got when the my trunk drop the call. I've add a failover on the trunk "When unanswered" with my own recording and it works.

thx again

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hi guys!
I was watching your discussion and the topic really interests me.

Before doing something stupid I prefer to ask you (and I understand)

In my Dialplan Manager I create a rule (global)

Capture d’écran 2024-07-16 à 12.06.12.png

And in Default Settings of my domain -> Dialplan -> I create a max_calls rule

So I can, per domain, limit the number of calls via the trunk.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.