How to set IVR codec to 16L@16000hz instead of 8000hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaindooley

Aug 16, 2024
UPDATE: I guess it's a good idea to leave this here in case anyone else ever looks for it, but here:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/fusionpbx/issues/409

I found this comment:

"The path is correct because freeswitch automatically looks in 8000,16000,32000, or 48000 depending on the current call."

My problem was that I had only 2 codecs in my allowed codec string and I had my negotiation set to "scrooge" which mean it was forcing the IVR to use a G722 codec even though the leg of the call from which I was calling was on PCMA. When I changed my codec negotiation to generous, the IVR quality improved, and I can now also see when dialling in from externally that it's activating L16@16000 instead of L16@8000 which means that the IVR to external users is also better.
------------------------
Hi there,

I am trying to use IVR recordings with different sample rates to see if it will improve the sound. When the IVR reads out WAV files the sound cuts out, and I think perhaps it would be better if I were using the 16000 sample rate files instead of the 8000 ones.

I can't find anywhere to configure this though.

In the logs I can see:

Codec Activated L16@8000hz 1 channels 20ms

I can see that there are log files on the web that have:

Codec Activated L16@16000hz 1 channels 20ms

People have posted their logs to solve *other* issues, so they don't say how they changed the config to that, but I know it must be possible!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.