Grandstream with tls

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
I've been researching this for a day or so now as I couldn't get handsets to provision with tls and wanted to document it. I'm using the template for the grp2612 as an example but it probably applies to any grp model.
The template shows this for the sip transport
<!-- SIP Transport -->
<!-- UDP, TCP, Tls Or Tcp -->
<!-- Pvalue P130 -->
{if $row.sip_transport == ''}<item name="account.{$row.line_number}.sip.transport">TCP</item>{/if}
{if $row.sip_transport == 'UDP'}<item name="account.{$row.line_number}.sip.transport">UDP</item>{/if}
{if $row.sip_transport == 'TCP'}<item name="account.{$row.line_number}.sip.transport">TCP</item>{/if}
{if $row.sip_transport == 'TLS'}<item name="account.{$row.line_number}.sip.transport">Tls</item>{/if}
Now this doesn't provision the handset with tls when the sip transport in Accounts->Devices to TLS. There are 2 reasons for this
  • When you set the transport in Accounts->Devices to TLS it's stored in the database as tls. Hence the variable $row.sip_transport evaluates to tls and not TLS.
  • The template documentation show the relevant values for entry as
<!-- SIP Transport -->
<!-- UDP, TCP, Tls Or Tcp -->
That is there are three values, UDP, TCP and Tls Or Tcp
Therefore the final {if} should read
{if $row.sip_transport == 'tls'}<item name="account.{$row.line_number}.sip.transport">Tls Or Tcp</item>{/if}
This has been tested on a GRP2612, grp2602 and a grp2614.
Incidentally there are no templates for the grp260x but those for the grp2612 work for the grp260x

Last edited: