SOLVED FusionPBX "Connection to Event Socket Failed" config issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cysec

Jul 26, 2024
A bit of context:
We have a 3rd party dev working on a bit of addon software that he needed to poll the event socket from. While setting that up, I changed the default password from ClueCon in
Bash:
/etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/event_socket.conf.xml
as I was opening things up to the outside world and didn't want to just rely on ACLs and fail2ban/iptables to prevent someone from finding a way around those then having admin access to the console on my dev pbx.

This is when I started getting "Connection to Event Socket Failed" messages. I searched the documentation, and these forums, high and low, for how to change the password FusionPBX uses to connect to the Freeswitch event socket. Tried many, many of the suggestions I found (like adding an entry under Advanced -> Default Settings, searching the database for an entry etc.)

Finally went sifting through the sourcecode and traced things back to
Code:
/var/www/fusionpbx/app/switch/resources/scripts/resources/functions/config.lua
Which is the script that reads in the fancy new
Bash:
/etc/fusionpbx/config.conf
and has a whole mess of variables that can be added to your the config.conf file including switch.event_socket.password, which I added, and have resolved the "Connection to Event Socket Failed".

I'm going to reach out to the folks at fusionpbx and offer to help update their documentation, as there's a lot of outdated stuff, and gaps.

TLDR: If you've changed password in /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/event_socket.conf.xml, add switch.event_socket.password = <password from freeswitch file> into your /etc/fusionpbx/config.conf

Reactions: voipBull
Status
Not open for further replies.