SOLVED FQDN for FusionPBX

hill37588

Sep 3, 2024
I setup a sub-doman in my DNS server (sip.example.com) and can not get it to connect to the FusionPBX server IP.

Do I need to add the domain name somewhere in FusionPBX to make it work?

Timothy J. McGary

Jul 21, 2017
Is your server in the "sip.example.com" or is the host name "sip.example.com" there is some confusion as Fusion (and Asterisk) refer to the collection of phones and the server as a "domain" but my experience is that the term "domain" as used phone server world means the host name of the server. Type getting rid of your subdomain "sip.example.com"in DNS, and then put an A record in example.com "sip.example.com (with the right ip address), and purge the cache on the DNS server (or restart DNS) and I would restart phone server as well.

hill37588

Sep 3, 2024
All I'm trying to do is forward a sub domain that I created to the IP address of the server so my IP address is not public.

I created an A record and the sub domain forwards to other addresses I tested, but I can't get it to forward to the FusionPBX admin page/server. I'm just using it as a single tenant. Maybe it's a firewall issue.

RTL

Jan 26, 2024
You need to create a domain on your fusionpbx server at Advanced->Domains.
Then set up an A record for that domain on your DNS. Browsing to that domain should take you to the fusionpbx server,
You may want to use https in which case look at the documentation which will guide you through setting up a Letsencrypt ssl certificate