SOLVED Call limit per extension with multiple registrations

leo

Nov 25, 2022
Hi

I have a solution with multiple registrations on the same extension : deskphone + mobile phone with zoiper app ,

Is possible limit 1 call per extension ?

I try to turn off call waiting on both clients but the second incoming call ring on the free handset .

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
@leo You can accomplish this using the call-limit dialplan. It's disabled by default under dialplan manager. Here's more info about the limit app.

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
@leo You can try with this

Code:
    <condition field="${call_direction}" expression="^(inbound|outbound)$">
        <action application="set" data="ext_max_calls=${limit_max}"/>
        <action application="set" data="ext_max_calls_destination=${limit_destination}"/>
        <action application="limit" data="hash call_limit ${extension_uuid} ${ext_max_calls} ${ext_max_calls_destination}"/>
    </condition>

'call_direction' condition can be inbound or outbound or both. If you want the call-limit to apply to local extension to extension calls as well then you'll need to adjust the order of this call-limit dialplan because 'call_direction=local' is not set until after the call-limit dialplan. 'limit_max' and 'limit_destination' come from extension data itself OR you assign static values for 'ext_max_calls' and 'ext_max_calls_destination' in this call-limit dialplan itself if you want to apply one limit/destination to all extensions domain-wide.

leo

Nov 25, 2022
@voipBull It works !!!

My problem with the configuration was the call_direction local and the position of call-limit check , now I understand .

many thanks for the support

leo

Nov 25, 2022
@voipBull
The configuration works with calls send directly to an extension but if a call is transferred to a ring group the limit application doesn't count the call answered by an extension . Any suggestions ?