Call flip/switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
A customer we support in other areas is looking to move their phone service to us, and they have asked if we can do call switch, to be honest I had never heard of it before so I looked in to it and Yeastar have the feature they describe to me: https://www.yeastar.com/voip-phone-system-feature/call-flip/

I have had a look to see if this, or a comparable feature is available on FusionPBX and haven't come across anything, Is this something you guys are aware of?

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
Mobile twinning is what you're looking for. Mobile twinning is described a little different in some other commercial PBX's (Like Avaya, Mitel etc), but in FusionPBX it does exactly how call-flip is described in that above webpage you linked.

Reactions: ZIain

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
If you use Ringotel for your mobile apps there is a built-in feature now to flip calls between user apps.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If I remember correctly the mobile-twinning app was written by @KonradSC. If you search on here for mobile-twinning you will find a few posts about setting it up, mostly from around 2021.
I'm not sure if it is maintained, but we certainly got it working when we had a play with it on Fusion 4.5. It is not a complicated app, and I'm sure most will be able to read the code and adapt it to fit their use case.

Status
Not open for further replies.