SOLVED Block Branch 5.3 - Master

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hi everyone,
Before making a mistake, I'd rather ask.
I want to lock updates to version 5.3 because currently, when I go to the Update menu, I see the Master version.

I was wondering if adding system_branch=5.3 in the /etc/fusionpbx/config.conf file would be enough.

Thanks for your feedback, and have a great day!

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
I usually use my own fork of FusionPBX and update it in a controlled environment with the master.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The FusionPBX official install script puts you on the 5.3 release branch.
- https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/blob/master/debian/resources/config.sh

If you update the Source Code from the web interface in Advanced -> Upgrade you will only get bug and security fixes from the release branch you are on. So in your terminology, you are locked to the release branch.

You aren't on the master branch. To get on the master branch right now requires either changing the config.sh file before the installation or use a git command to switch branches. When the next release occurs it will require a command to switch to the new release branch.

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hello everyone, since the installation is already in progress, if I want to stick with version 5.3, I need to run:

git checkout 5.3

And for the next version, I'll do another git checkout.

@markjcrane , do you think it might be possible in the future to select the version via the web interface?

Thanks, everyone!

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
If you run this command
cd /var/www/fusionpbx
git branch

It will tell you what branch you are on. If it indicates you are on 5.3, you are already on the right branch. If it says 5.2 or master then run the following.
git pull
git checkout 5.3

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hi!
Thanks for the information. I followed the steps, and I am indeed on version 5.3.