SOLVED A little feedback on the update to 5.3.3

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have just updated FusionPBX to version 5.3.3 and I'm experiencing a few oddities. Nothing urgent.

• I couldn't get the Video Background to work. I added the video link and activated the background.
  • On the dashboard, some icons are squares (Event Guard, Device).
  • Still on the dashboard, under "Registration," I can see the number of connected extensions, but it's based on the total number of extensions and not just for the current domain (is this normal?).
  • I tried to install fusionpbx-app-sip_trunks to see what it looks like, but I don't have access to it. Apparently, no permissions were created in the Group Manager.
  • I also tried to install fusionpbx-app-transcribe, but it didn't create the default settings, so I manually created them, and everything works fine now. Every time I install an app, I always go through: Advanced -> Upgrade -> Menu Defaults and Permission Defaults, and then I log out and back in.
When I check the Upgrade menu, I can see Sip Trunks in the Source Code, so I think it was installed correctly...

The work done is amazing! Great job to the entire team!

Thanks to everyone involved.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
You need to run the database and app updates for the default settings to be created. I would delete the custom and try again.

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
@wouam31

- Video background works fine. I think you just need to make sure 'background_color_enabled' and 'background_image_enabled' are disabled (set to False), and only 'background_video_enabled' is enabled (True) with 'background_video' value set to the complete path to the video file. Don't forget about the video file permissions
- "some icons are squares" Not sure what you mean here. Maybe a screenshot would help understand your issue
- Again not sure what "number" you're talking about, maybe a screenshot
- For fusionpbx-app-sip_trunks, you should be able to see a group permission named 'sip_trunk_destinations' under category 'SIP Trunks' (Superadmin and admin already have this permission enabled by default), and that just enables showing you the SIP trunk destinations in the Destinations/Action dropdown. This does not actually install a separate SIP trunks application if that's what you were expecting
- After installing any app, I think you need to do Advanced -> Upgrade -> App Defaults, Menu Defaults and Permission Defaults (All three)

Reactions: wouam31

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
@voipBull

• Video background works fine: I hadn’t disabled 'background_color_enabled' and 'background_image_enabled'. Issue is resolved now.
  • "Some icons are squares": Below are the screenshots to clarify the issue.

Capture d’écran 2024-09-20 à 08.40.56.png
  • "Number" issue: In the screenshot, we see that 6 extensions are registered (this info is correct) out of 95 extensions. The 95 figure represents the total number across all domains. If the information is supposed to relate to the domain only, it’s wrong—it should be 11. But if it’s referring to the overall total, then it's accurate.

Capture d’écran 2024-09-20 à 08.45.55.png
  • Regarding fusionpbx-app-sip_trunks: During installation, there was no 'Sip Trunk' in the group permissions. I just redid Advanced -> Upgrade -> App Defaults, Menu Defaults, and Permission Defaults, and after that, 'Sip Trunk' appeared in the permissions. I forgot to do this—sorry about that. Also, I was expecting it to be a standalone app and not just an option in a menu.
Thank you for taking the time to explain everything!

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
@wouam31

- To correct those square icons, please make sure the icons for both, Devices and Event Guard, is set correctly under Dashboard widget settings.
Dashboard > SETTINGS (Top right corner, beside EXPAND ALL and EDIT) > Devices / Event Guard
'Path' must be set to 'dashboard/icon' for both
For 'Devices', select icon 'Mobile Retro'
For 'Event Guard', select icon 'Person Military Pointing'

- For your concern regarding active registrations/total endpoint count, you're probably logged in as a user with superadmin permissions, that's why you see the total count across all domains. If you log in as a user with only admin permissions, you'll only see the count for that particular domain that the admin user belongs too. In Group permissions, its the 'registration_all' permission under 'Registrations' category that controls this. Superadmins get that permission by default and admins don't. I hope you get the logic behind this.

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
@voipBull

I just checked to make the changes you suggested, and the settings are correct. I changed it to another one, and it works. So, I put the correct one back, but it's still showing as a square... I saw that you can view the icons, and I noticed that the correct name corresponds to a square, so I understand why it's displaying as a square.

Capture d’écran 2024-09-21 à 12.25.08.png

Capture d’écran 2024-09-21 à 12.25.22.png
Capture d’écran 2024-09-21 à 12.29.30.png

@tfernandez

I hadn't even thought to try... in incognito mode, it works!
Now I just need to clear the cache, and everything will be fine!

Thanks, everyone, for your advice!
Have a great day.