911 Outbound Route lua Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Our 911 outbound route sends an email to us each time an end user dials 911.
The lua script below works fine except it does not list the caller id name. Anyone know how to fix this?

email.lua ${email_to} ${email_from} '' '911 Alert!' '${sip_from_user}@${domain_name} ${emergency_caller_id_name} ${strftime(%a, %d %b %Y %T %z)} has called 911 '

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
${effective_caller_id_name}, ${effective_caller_id_number} did not work. I'll try ${sip_from_display}. Thanks.

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
In the 911 default dialplan the ${effective_caller_id_name} is set as ${emergency_caller_id_name}, so if ${emergency_caller_id_name} is empty so will ${effective_caller_id_name} be.

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hi,

I just tested using ${sip_from_display} and it worked.
Can someone explain to me where the ${email_to} and ${email_from} pull the info from?

Thanx,

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Hi,

I just tested using ${sip_from_display} and it worked.
Can someone explain to me where the ${email_to} and ${email_from} pull the info from?

Thanx,
${email_to} and ${email_from} are variables that are meant to be created and populated within the 911/933 dialplan. I like to create dialplan entries Action | set | email_to=rabbiddiesel@here.org, and similar for email_from. Then the 911/933 line "email.lua ${email_to} ${email_from}...." will pick up the variable values.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
${effective_caller_id_name}, ${effective_caller_id_number} did not work. I'll try ${sip_from_display}. Thanks.
Make sure every extension has the fields populated for effective, outgoing, and emergency. Many carriers will block outgoing calls without this populated. sql update statements or bulk account tool will help populating the majority en mass.
extension.png

David Dunlap

Mar 16, 2017
We have been wanting to include the recording of the call in the email but have not had success! The recording file is named correctly and in the right place but the email_recordings.lua fails with cannot open /tmp. What syntax is correct to include a wav file?

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
You should post a new question as you are hijacking my thread.

The way I understand it, the 911 outbound route sends an email when the end user dials 911. It does not send an email after the 911 call is finished and thus can not contain a recording of the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.